Thursday, February 17, 2011

Personal Progress Reminders

It's really easy in your callings to go overboard, but it's also very easy to avoid doing anything extra.  Like it or not, kids, youth, and even a lot of the adults, enjoy getting a little something every once in a while.  I've been working on some Personal Progress reminders for the Young Women in our ward.

Woohoo!  I can upload the PDFs, so I have included the links below...just a reminder you will be navigated away to scripd to download the PDF documents if  you are interested in copying these.



This is a package of microwave popcorn, one 1/2 sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock and I printed four of the words to a page.
Wrap the cardstock around the popcorn, tape in the back
Cut the printed saying down to size with a paper trimmer & mount on the cardstock. I must have deleted the file for this one...so sorry I will recreate it soon!



I found the ruler pencils at a dollar bin the beginning of the school year.  I have heard others looking for them for teacher gifts that they sell them at Oriental Trading.  Another suggestion would be to attach the saying to a small ruler instead of a pencil. The handouts were printed on cardstock. We used a standard hole punch to make holes for the pencil.  Be careful not to push the pencil through to quickly or it will rip the carstock.


Inch by Inch Pencil or Ruler Handout

Hot Tamales were on sale at the grocery store which is what inspired this handout.  The saying was printed three to page on 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock.  I used glue dots to hold the candy in place, then folded the edges over to make like an envelope for the candy.  I used tape to hold the back closed figuring the girls will probably try to open them before they're in the parking lot anyway. (We have the 1:00 p.m. block)

Personal Progress is Hot Stuff

And last for today is another pencil. This is just a standard pencil.  These cards were printed six to a sheet and then cut down. Again, I used a hole punch to make holes for the pencils.

I have found if I make several handouts and keep them in bags in the closet I don't have to worry about having time the day I really want something.

Pencil in Time Personal Progress Handout

Happy Personal Progress!
Jana
andvinyltoo@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment